JWT forms partnership with the American University in Dubai
28 January, 2014
For Integrated Marketing Communications Course
Michiel Hofstee, JWT Dubai Managing Director, Guest Course Lecturer
— Following successful partnerships with a number of European and American MBA and academic programmes, JWT Dubai announced its partnership with the American University in Dubai (AUD), for the university’s Integrated Marketing Communications Development course covering the full second semester of the 2013-2014 academic year.
By assigning the agency’s Managing Director, Michiel Hofstee, as the guest lecturer, the university is bringing a hands-on agency experience to the lecture hall. The course will focus on integrated marketing communications campaign development, and introduce the students to the fundamental creative and strategic elements of every successful communications strategy in today’s multi-channeled and highly connected world.
AUD President, Dr Lance de Masi, welcomed the new collaboration stating, “Over the years, universities and communications companies have become more adept at substantive collaboration. I mean collaboration that really makes a difference. Both sides have a lot to gain in such hook-ups because agencies are masters of technique and craft and universities uphold science and have a keen sense of the future. This thinking is behind my having invited JWT to partner with me this semester in the design and delivery of my IMC Campaign Development course.”
Commenting on the initiative, Hofstee added, “Education is one of the two CSR pillars at JWT Dubai and we are very proud to partner today with AUD on their Integrated Marketing Communication Development course. It is a topic that is close to our hearts. In today's environment where technological innovation is happening at lightening speed, we the agency, need international imagination to connect an impactful brand idea with the target audience through a growing variety of channels.”
Hofstee noted that “in addition to the theory” he will be “working with Nestle to brief the students on a live case which they will be tackling during the semester.”
“At AUD, when we teach IMC, we very much stick to the tenets of those who founded and named IMC. Often, that means that our teaching is well ahead of the times. Joining forces with JWT, a strategic planning and creative powerhouse, provides our students with a snapshot of where the past and the future meet in the present and exposes them to the vocabulary, templates, methods and attitudes of some of the industry’s most emblematic practitioners. The result can only be better prepared entry level candidates, ready to hit the ground running, equipped to make a difference,” concludes de Masi.
The Integrated Marketing Communication Development course kicked off with a highly acclaimed session on 15 January 2014, and will continue till the end of the current semester.
JWT is the world’s best-known marketing communications brand. Headquartered in New York, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 marketing professionals. JWT consistently ranks among the top agency networks in the world and continues a dominant presence in the industry by staying on the leading edge—from producing the first-ever TV commercial in 1939 to developing award-winning branded content today. JWT embraces a WORLDMADE philosophy, making things inspired by the world through blending technological innovation with international imagination. JWT has forged deep relationships with clients including Bayer, Diageo, Ford, HSBC, Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg’s, Macy’s, Mondelez, Nestlé, Nokia, Rolex, Royal Caribbean, Schick, Shell, Unilever, Vodafone, Vonage and many others. JWT’s parent company is WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, please visit www.jwt.com
and follow us @JWT_Worldwide
JWT Middle East and Africa is one of the leading communication agencies in the MEA region with 27 offices in 24 markets. JWT MEA is structured to deliver communication based business solutions across all channels needed to deliver the marketing plan driven by a matrix that combines the strength of its competencies and the know how of its practices. For more information, please visit us www.jwt.com/mea
and follow us @jwtmea
The American University in Dubai (AUD) is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
• AUD is officially licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the United Arab Emirates. The Ministry has accredited the university’s programs in International Studies, Business Administration (both undergraduate and graduate), Communication and Information Studies, Engineering, Architecture, Visual Communication and Interior Design, Education (graduate), and Construction Management (graduate), in addition to a Certificate program in Middle Eastern Studies.
• AUD is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges (COC) to award Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
• AUD is approved to operate by the State of Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (NPEC).
• AUD has received specialized accreditation for its Bachelor’s of Business Administration (B.B.A.), and Master’s of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree programs in business through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
• The university’s undergraduate majors in Marketing Communications and Advertising have been accredited by the International Advertising Association (IAA) in New York.
• The Civil, Computer, and Electrical Engineering Programs of AUD’s School of Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
For more information, please visit www.aud.edu
Philippa Clayre - Head of Corporate Communication, JWT MEA
Marketing Communications Dept
T. +971 4 318 3108