WPP at a glance
WPP is the world leader in marketing communications services. We are made up of leading companies in:
Facts & figures
Advertising; Media Investment Management; Data Investment Management (formerly known as Consumer Insight); Public Relations & Public Affairs; Branding & Identity; Healthcare Communications; Direct, Digital, Promotion & Relationship Marketing; Specialist Communications
|Number of employees
||almost 175,000 (including associates)
|Number of offices
|Number of countries
||£11.0bn (as at 31 December 2013)
||£46.2bn (as at 31 December 2013)
||£16.4bn (as at April 2014)
Recognition & awards
- Member: FTSE100, Euro FT300, Forbes Global 2000, FTSE4Good Index and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- For the third year running, WPP was named Holding Company of the Year at the 2013 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- For the second year running, WPP was ranked Most Effective Holding Company, Globally, in the 2013 Effie Effectiveness Index.
- In addition, WPP was named Holding Company of the Year at the 40th Annual One Show Awards 2013.
- In 2013, Global Corporate Venturing named WPP Digital the Most Influential Unit in the Services Sector.
- During 2012/13, WPP’s sustainability program was
recognised with six major awards, including the
Global Award for Sustainability at the Golden
- In 2013, WPP’s Annual Report received Gold Awards
at the International ARC Awards, LACP Vision Awards,
Galaxy Awards and Communicate magazine’s
Corporate and Financial Awards.
- WPP’s global newspaper and ebook, The WIRE,
is consistently ranked in the Top 50 worldwide for Internal
Communications Materials in the LACP Inspire Awards,
and took Gold for the Best Online Magazine at the 2013
- Winner, PwC Building Public Trust Awards 2013.