WPP at a glance
WPP is the world leader in marketing communications services. We are made up of leading companies in:
Facts & figures
Advertising; Media Investment Management; Data Investment Management (formerly known as Consumer Insight); Public Relations & Public Affairs; Branding & Identity; Healthcare Communications; Direct, Digital, Promotion & Relationship Marketing; Specialist Communications
|Number of employees
||over 190,000 (including associates)
|Number of offices
|Number of countries
||£11.5bn (as at December 2014)
||£46.2bn (as at December 2014)
||£20.5bn (as at April 2015)
Recognition & awards
- Member: FTSE100, Euro FT300, Forbes Global 2000, FTSE4Good Index and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- For the fourth year running, WPP was named Holding Company of the Year at the 2014 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- For the third year running, WPP was ranked Most Effective Holding Company, Globally, in the 2014 Effie Effectiveness Index.
- In 2014, WPP's Annual Report received three Platinum Awards (print and online) at the LACP Vision Awards, scoring 99 out of 100 and ranked No.5 in the world.
- In 2014, WPP’s print and online Annual Report received three Platinum Awards at the world's largest annual report competition run by the League of American Communications Professionals (LACP), scoring 99 out of 100, ranked No.5 in the world and voted "superb -- among the very best judged".
- WPP was named Holding Company of the Year at the 40th Annual One Show Awards 2013.
- In 2013, Global Corporate Venturing named WPP Digital the Most Influential Unit in the Services Sector.
- During 2012/13, WPP’s sustainability program was recognised with six major awards, including the Global Award for Sustainability at the Golden Peacock Awards.
- WPP’s global newspaper and ebook, The WIRE, is consistently ranked in the Top 50 worldwide for Internal Communications Materials in the LACP Inspire Awards, and took Gold for the Best Online Magazine at the 2013 Galaxy Awards.
- Winner, PwC Building Public Trust Awards 2013.