Background to the Leaders' Report
The Leaders' Report was developed by WPP's Government & Public Sector Practice. The programme was chaired by the Practice's CEO, Dr Michelle Harrison. It was steered by an advisory board of global leaders in the fields of government, politics and communication to whom we are indebted for their input:
- Vijay Chadda, CEO of the Bharti Foundation, the development arm of Bharti Enterprises, one of India's leading business groups
- Professor Kishore Mahbubani, Dean and Professor in the Practice of Public Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore
- Dr Juan Pardinas, General Director of the Mexican Institute for Competitiveness (IMCO)
- Professor, the Honourable Stephen Martin, Chief Executive of the Committee for Economic Development of Australia (CEDA)
- Lisa Sherman, President & CEO of Ad Council, USA
- Keith Weed, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Unilever Plc
- Professor Ngaire Woods, Dean of the Blavatnik School of Government and Professor of Global Economic Governance, University of Oxford.
The research included:
- A comprehensive audit of existing practice together with analysis of data on major trends in government communication and their associated organisational drivers
- A global conversation with the project's advisory board members
- In-depth qualitative interviews with government communications leaders from 20 countries and five multilateral organisations
- An online, confidential qualitative survey with more than 240 communication practitioners from 29 countries.
Governments today cannot achieve their public policy goals without effective communications.
WPP is the leading global marketing and communications services company. Its agencies partner with governments in over 70 countries on the policy challenges where communication can have the greatest impact:
- Behaviour Change
- Digital Government
- Place Marketing
- Engagement & Participation
- Public Sector Recruitment
The Government & Public Sector Practice advises policymakers and public sector communication leaders on strategy, innovation, capability development and global best practice. Our team of senior consultants connects clients with the best ideas and expertise in WPP's global network. We invest continuously to advance our thinking and evidence on the strategic use of communication.
Contact us to discuss a strategic communication challenge, improving the performance of a public sector communication team, or finding the right team within WPP's agencies for a specific brief.
Sorry, but no results were found. Please, try a different search phrase!